Thursday, August 6, 2009

End of Tomato Activity - Watch for New Activities


This is close to the end of the tomato activity. I hope everyone will send in their links so we can view and comment on what you did. It will be fun to share what we did and why we did it.


Among other things this was an exercise in perspective. We will have more activities on perspective over time.
I've posted some of my photos in Picasa so you can check them out there - see the our different links on the side of this blog.


We often get stuck in one or a couple of perspectives of an object or person rather than taking a 360 degree look at it. So our photography can become stale. Now a tomato from different perspectives can look very much the same but maybe not. One of the ways we get stuck in our own perspective is how we may "feel" about an object or person. In my case, I love tomato sauce but I'm not to crazy about eating fresh tomatoes (in fact I don't like them - gasp.)


So I'm not sure that a tomato that isn't part of a spaghetti dinner is a "food" to me. So this was a stretch. I started by taking a series of snaps of my garden tomatoes which were pretty vague except for one that looked very decent (green tomato photo) because I got into the pattern of a series of tomatoes with rain drops on them.


Then I got a bit more adventurous but only enough to set up a tomato on a white plate (for contrast) and surrounded by a knife and fork. It probably looks both dangerous and blah again because I'm not excited by tomatoes as food.


But I love the color and out of boredom I decided to "play" with the tomato imaginatively. Hence my photos of the tomato in a line up with children's action figures, a bunch of "people" looking towards the tomato, a king of the tomato on top of it, and then an eerie angel visiting the soon to be deceased tomato. So I wound up using props a lot and then the fun of it took over.
So maybe you love tomatoes, have different types of tomato, different colored tomatoes. My guess would be everyone approached this exercise in their own unique way.
Please put your photos up and send links to the blog so we can see what you did. And by all means comments are welcome. I'm convinced we will learn a lot from each other by doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers